Jul 7, 2015

don't look back, those days are gone

(excerpt from june 2015)
there comes a time, the scars do heal. and though that’s known when in the dark, it’s hard to see the light. now the light is washing over me slowly. filling in the cracks and refreshing the mind and senses, drying the scabs to be wholesome, clean scars. scars that will fade. are fading.  the sun bleaches them and browns the skin around, and my heart is rounded and fills me nicely instead of hiding and writhing. and when i tip my face to the sky, i see it and i want to share it. but i also want to keep it for me. 
and i smile.
shot with Kodak S100 EF on Fujifilm 35mm 200Follow


an exciting thing, was featured on a lovely blog this week
see the interview by clicking HERE

5 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

Hi, dear Abigail! It gave me me a lift to see you over at my place today. My spirits are further buoyed seeing a new post from you here, gazing at these marvelous, mysterious pictures, reading your interview and discovering your YouTube channel. I subscribed (sfratpack). It seems like you are emerging now from the dark side of the moon, back into the light, with renewed enthusiasm and optimism, a little older and perhaps a little wiser than you were a year ago at this time. It's all good. You learn from every experience and you grow. Please remember, dear Abigail, that you continue to be an inspiration to your family and friends, myself included. Thank you for accepting me into your world and seeing the value of crossing the generations, teaching and learning and sharing our gifts with each other. You are very important to me, dear friend. Until next time, please take good care of yourself and dear little Daisy. God bless!

Amy said...

What a wonderful piece of writing! I think that we can all identify with it. And, as usual, your photos are wonderful ♥
Amy xx

Little Moon Dragon

Carly said...

Do you know how good a photographer you are? You probably don't or you probably doubt it all the time but I'm here to tell you holy moly Abigail you really are fantastic with a camera. :) I completely understand having a sort of friendship with sadness. There are days where it just feels easier, more comfortable, less of a struggle to just sink into it. But those days will pass, too, and you will feel so proud for keeping your head above the darkness. (Of course, some days, dunking your head under the darkness is almost refreshing...)

carlyandmoth.blogspot.com

Noor said...

Beautiful words and beautiful pictures! You know how to work your magic with a camera :)

Jessica Cangiano said...

Incredibly powerful, hauntingly beautiful words. I can see myself and my life reflected in them like the stillest of ponds. Thank you for speaking straight from your soul and sharing so much of your honesty and emotion with us. It's a gift to the world.

♥ Jessica

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...