Nov 25, 2015

a contradiction (two)

the scrambled eggs are room temperature and slimy
the cantaloupe warm and mushy.
she clatters and bangs dishes around in the sink
her back to me
as i sit alone at the table
and wish that i were invisible 
wish that my existence didn't annoy people so much.




my words here are usually part of a manuscript i'm adding to at the time
so this november i decided to try my hand at Nation Novel Writing Month
and write at least 50,000 words adding to or as a start for a novel.

so during this month i have written at night and in the mornings,
on the road and curled up in bed or at my desk,
working to a reasonable goal of about 2,000 words a day.

(this was a challenge that i did complete
and i'm not sure where it will lead.
but wow for the first time in my life
i have a good chunk of a story that is down and not stuck in my head!)

praise be for the gift of words 
and the ability to use and share them in effective ways.


i know some of you have done NaNoWriMo
what are your thoughts?
happy rest of november!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...